Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Night Rain



I went to the window side,
And climbed up a bunker.
I opened the window
And let the air of the night into the dorm.
My head rested on a pillow against an iron rod.
The night was still but the dorm awake.
The sweet smell of the night earth wafted into the air.
A drop of cold liquid ice fell on me,
I shivered.
The smell was intoxicating, I fell asleep
Forgetting to learn for my exam.
I dreamt of playing in the rain
After a day of school.
Time elapsed and closer I moved to the examination.
But God be thanked for sending the Messiah
In the form of the night rain.
The night rain hit my face,
I shivered.
Had it not been for the night rain
                                                   I would have surely failed. 


Dated: September, 1998

1 comment:

oof ya! said...

very interesting, i liked reading this :)